With three hospitals, 15 clinics and 45 buildings, Cambridge Health Alliance was growing and needed to expand its existing legacy Casi Rusco security system which it had maxed out. Rather than completely rip out their legacy system, they upgraded to AMAG Technology’s Symmetry SR System and Symmetry CompleteView Video Management system. The SR system allowed CHA to use their existing wiring infrastructure, enclosures, card readers and cards saving thousands of dollars. With 4,000 employees to transition over, the upgrade needed to be seamless.
- Maxed out old system’s licenses
- 300 existing cameras used older analog technology
- Difficult to get service for failing security system
- Expensive to rip and replace, needed more affordable solution – 4,000 employees, three hospitals, 15 clinics and 45 buildings.
- Symmetry SR Solution allowed CHA to use existing wiring infrastructure, card readers and cards, saving thousands of dollars.
- Plug and play controller boards provided a fast and smooth upgrade process.
- Upgraded to Symmetry CompleteView Video Management System and converted over 120 cameras to IP in initial phase.
- Easy to add more card readers and cameras as system expands.
- Eliminated the expansion restriction, allowing for easy, cost-effective scalability.
- Seamless transition to new Symmetry SR system.
- Service calls greatly reduced as new controllers, software and video system were integrated.
- Symmetry Threat Level Manager provides ability to lock down areas in emergency situations.
The Symmetry SR System and Symmetry CompleteView Video Management System allowed CHA to deploy access control in areas where they could not otherwise due to their maxed out Casi Rusco system and provided expansive features to secure their patients, visitors and staff in today’s world. The robust reporting provides usable data to make better performance decisions. The user friendly software made training the security staff easy. AMAG’s Professional Services Team assisted with the database conversion, as over 4,000 card holder records with photos migrated over to Symmetry, saving hundreds of hours of database conversion work.
“We live in a changing world with elevated threat levels. We will have the ability to lock down areas in emergency situations. We have a threat level manager that is a work in progress and are confident in our Symmetry Security Management System,” said William Chase, chief of public safety, Cambridge Health Alliance.
CHA selected Spectrum Integrated Technologies as their integration partner.
Northwestern Mutual Combines Modern Access Control Technology with Top-Notch Security Officers for a more Efficient Security Program
Fortune 500 company Northwestern Mutual not only changed the Milwaukee skyline when it built a new high-rise and three-floor Learning Center, it also improved the way it delivers security at both its downtown Milwaukee, WI campus and suburban Franklin, WI campus.
The downtown campus consists of an area of 2.5 million square feet with five buildings, including the new high-rise, Learning Center and commons space, that bolsters a workforce of over 3,000. The Franklin (Milwaukee suburb) campus has an area of 1.1 million square feet and two buildings that hold a workforce of 2,100.
Faced with the challenge of disparate systems for access control, alarm, video, intercom and visitor management, Northwestern Mutual used the building project to upgrade their security program. The goal was to work smarter by automating manual processes and streamlining security using one system. With several hundred sales reps visiting at once for week long continuing education classes, managing those visitors was a challenge.
Together, AMAG Technology and G4S Secure Solutions (USA) secured the company’s downtown Milwaukee campus and Franklin campus using the Symmetry Access Control – Enterprise System and Symmetry GUEST visitor management system, along with security personnel. Visitors check in quickly, improving lobby traffic flow, and the system provides an audit trail of who is in the building. The security team now works in a more streamlined fashion to deliver exceptional security.
- Disparate security systems
- Manage up to several hundred guests at a time without audit trail
- Control costs of securing new building
- Quality of security officer failed to meet expectations
- Symmetry – Enterprise Access Control system combines alarm management and all security data into one system
- Symmetry GUEST visitor management system and G4S Secure Solutions Security Officers at all entrances ensures professional operations
- Symmetry – Enterprise Access Control and Symmetry GUEST easily expands to secure new high rise
- G4S Secure Solutions (USA) Security Officer training and experience level corresponded to assigned post
Result of Solution:
- Symmetry – Enterprise Access Control interoperability secures both campuses, saving time and money
- Symmetry GUEST visitor activity data allows Northwestern Mutual to adjust staff as demand dictates
- Symmetry – Enterprise Access Control and Symmetry GUEST allowed Northwestern Mutual to leverage technology to reduce risk, streamline its activities and not add headcount when the new tower opened
- Security Officer qualifications correspond to unique needs of Northwestern Mutual
By choosing AMAG Technology’s Symmetry GUEST Visitor Management System and G4S Secure Solutions’ Security Officers, Northwestern Mutual was able to benefit from the synergies of working with one company for all its security needs. Symmetry GUEST allowed security officers to work smarter, not harder, and as result, no additional security headcount was needed for the new high rise. AMAG Technology and G4S Secure Solutions (USA) treated Northwestern Mutual as a true partner, working through challenges and creating solutions that improved security, streamlined processes and saved the company time and money.